About Submissions Ebook Faqs Contact Employment
Fiction that moves you...
Click for more info!
Thank you for your interest regarding employment with Prism Book Group. At this time we not actively seeking to fill any positions; however, interested parties may email us their resume for future consideration.
Resumes and inquiries may be submitted to email@example.com.
Acquiring Editors with Prism Book Group will be responsible for soliciting and driving submissions to the company, reading submissions, accepting or rejecting material, editing obtained manuscripts, and managing their authors.
The ideal candidate will:
* Have a strong grasp of the English language and experience in the romance writing field. A mastering of punctuation and grammar is required.
* Be socially active in the romance writing community, whether through RWA or other venues such as blogging and Twitter, and will possess author connections. While we will provide each editor with one to two initial authors, this position will require the editor to network with authors and solicit and drive their own submissions.
* Because Prism Book Group focuses on sweet, inspirational, and Christian romance, the ideal candidate will have strong and positive morals that will guide them in selecting manuscripts based on the guidelines we provide.
*The ideal candidates will have a keen eye for the market and what interests readers. The ideal candidate will be able to spot not only an author with writing talent, but one who will self-promote, as well as a book that is marketable.
*The ideal candidates will have the time and ability to focus on his or her position and their participation in our company. While it should go without saying, if your personal life or other career ambitions are taxing, you’re not the fit for us.
We are looking for candidates who will be invested in becoming a part of our new company and helping it to grow and flourish. Therefore, these positions will be commission-based on their author royalties. Because this is a position of leadership, we will be offering an appealing, higher rate of compensation that is negotiable.
Line Editors with Prism Book Group will be responsible for providing a thorough line edit to already content edited manuscripts. Applicants should have a keen eye for typos and a strong grasp of grammar and punctuation. Relevant experience required.
Content Editors with Prism Book Group will be responsible for providing a thorough content edit for contracted manuscripts. Content editors should have relevant experience in fiction writing/editing and possess a strong grasp of grammar and punctuation.
The right candidate will already be active online in the romance reader communities, possess a keen knowledge of the market, and be outgoing, friendly, and polite.
Duties will involve emailing press releases, scheduling and hosting online chats and blog tours, utilizing social media, and arranging cost effective promotion opportunities.
Join Our Mailing List!
Purchase Our Books Through:
What's On Our Blog?
* Read what Carlene Havel has to share on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month!
* Read what Linda Carroll-Bradd has to share on the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month!
* Read what Ruth Roberts has to share on the 2nd Friday every month!
|Copyright © 2013 - 2014 Prism Book Group|