About Submissions Ebook Faqs Contact Employment
Fiction that moves you...
Click for more info!
** At this time, Prism Book Group is closed to outside submissions. We are only accepting material from our current authors, or through pitches taken at conferences. Thank you! **
Thank you for your interest in submitting to Prism. Prism books are never boring and sometimes step out of the box. If you have written a manuscript that doesn't quite fit other publisher's guidelines, we'd love to take a look.
At this time, Prism Book Group is offering new authors a royalty rate of 40%. If you would like to review our standard contract, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Young Adult/New Adult
PLEASE NOTE: While Prism is open to quality fiction of various genres, we are a Christian-owned company and cannot consider manuscripts that promote non-Christian religion. Thank you for your understanding.
· We have no interest in reading erotica, erotic romance, or stories where characters engage in casual sex. While natural sexual tension is encouraged in our romances (we want to feel the emotion the hero and heroine feel for one another) we have no interest in books that spend pages on the explicit, physical culmination of those feelings.
· Stories that promote atheism, witchcraft or devil-worship.
· Stories that promote non-Christian religion.
· Serious injury, rape, violence portrayed in a positive light.
· Hate literature and positive portrayal of negative stereotypes.
· Partial works. Only send your story when it is finished and polished!
Please meet our editors below to decide who is the right choice to
submit to. Also please carefully review our general guidelines before
submitting a manuscript.
Susan Baganz, Acquisitions Editor
Susan began writing years ago when she heard God tell her to enter NaNoWriMo (that’s a story in itself!). She’s been a writing machine ever since, thrilled with the unveiling of each new story. She’s an avid reader as well and looks forward to romance, romance, romance: contemporary, historical (especially Regency), Western, Comedy or Romantic Suspense. No Amish, please. She likes romances that fit our Diamond or Inspired lines. Give her a creative happy ending and she’ll be tickled raspberry.
Paula Mowery, Acquisitions Editor
Paula Mowery has always been an avid reader of Christian fiction, especially romances of all sub-genres. She holds a Master of Education and taught English/Language Arts in public school and then came home to educate her own daughter. She teaches at writing conferences and is currently piloting a program in an elementary school called TAG, Tomorrow’s Author Guild, in which she teaches and designs writing lessons to encourage young writers as well as assisting teachers with writing instruction.
Paula is a published author in Christian fiction. One reviewer stated that her writing “thunders with emotion.” Her novella, Be The Blessing, won the 2014 Selah Award. Her story, The Prayer Shawl, from the book, Legacy and Love, was a finalist in The Carolyn Readers’ Choice Awards from North Texas Romance Writers of America.
She likes acquiring contemporary or historical romances as well as romances with mystery or suspense. She prefers a story packed with emotion and Christian elements at its core. “Make me think about your story even after turning that last page.”
Jacqueline Hopper, Acquisitions Editor
Jacqueline Hopper never dreamed of becoming a writer until a teacher read her poem to her class. That event alone incited Jacqueline’s interest in the writing realm. However, it wasn’t until after she began taking courses and honing her skills that her short and novel-length stories sold.
Since then, Jacqueline has participated in critique groups, acted as ghostwriter, proofreader and copy editor while continuing to pen her own stories. Her favorite authors include anyone who can pluck her heartstrings, reduce her to tears or make her double over with laughter.
Jacqueline is interested in fantasy, sci-fi, historical, mystery, humorous and contemporary romance. Fresh ideas are most appealing.
To submit, please send your full, completed manuscript, properly formatted to one of the acquiring editors listed above.
Please note, a query letter with short synopsis and author bio is required. Please include the query within the body of your email submission. Emails containing only an attachment may be deleted.
· IMPORTANT: Please ensure that your real name and contact information is included on the first page of your manuscript, including your email and phone number.
· Files should be in .doc or .rtf format. We will not accept anything else.
· 12 pt, New Times Roman, single or 1.5 spaced with one-inch margins all around.
· Please do not include headers or footers or page numbers.
· Please do not use tabs. Indents should be set .3 or .5 for first line of every paragraph.
· Italics should be in italics, not underlined. Please do not use special formatting in your document. Set font to normal.
· Please save file as booktitle_authorname.doc
We will acknowledge receipt of your submission within forty-eight hours and respond within two to three months.
Have a question we didn't answer for you? Email email@example.com for more information!
Join Our Mailing List!
Purchase Our Books Through:
|Copyright © 2013 - 2014 Prism Book Group|